Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Favorite Drugstore Beauty

Favorite Drugstore Beauty


I don't know what it is but I could spend half the day wandering the beauty aisle at the drugstore. Even though I don't wear that much, I love makeup BUT I do not like to spend a lot of money on it. The drugstore holds some fantastic products that rival even the highest-end brands of makeup. Here are some of my favorites!

1. Maybelline Full n' Soft mascara - this mascara looks natural and makes your lashes look exactly what it says they will look like: full and soft!

2. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eye Liner - I was a total late bloomer when it came to eyeliner and this eyeliner makes it so easy to use. With the consistency of a crayon, it's easier to control than a pencil or liquid eyeliner. And it stays on all day and doesn't move!

3. Revlon Moondrops Lipstick - Pigmented, moisturizing, and long-lasting! A long time favorite, Revlon knows how to make its lipsticks.

4. Wet n' Wild Icon Palette Eyeshadow - This is one of my favorite drug store finds. There are 3 versions of this palette, all with 3 matte and 3 shimmery eyeshadows. They are pigmented, blendable, and lasting.

5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioner - Leave it in, shave your legs or soap up, and rinse it out for gloriously moisturized and easy-to-style hair. Extra tip: after putting in conditioner, blast your hair for a second with the blowdryer to help melt it into your hair. Seriously soft hair alert.

6. Neutrogena Healthy Defenses Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 for Sensitive Skin - I have really sensitive skin and this doesn't bother it at all! It is so important that sunscreen is worn everyday and it's easy to incorporate it into your daily routine when it's built in with your moisturizer!

7. Wet n' Wild Idols Eye Cream Shadow Pencil - I use this as a thick eyeliner or as an eyeshadow. My favorite colors are the nude, black, and dark blue colors. They also have purple, light green, and dark green.

8. Aquaphor - seriously this is the missing magic element. It's like a thick Vaseline and you can use it for dry skin, cuts, burns, squeaky chair legs, chapped lips, dry heels, and much much more. I like to use a little as a brow gel to keep my brows in order and to put it on my pulse points before putting on perfume to make it last longer. I've also heard about using it in the place of a highlighter on your cheeks and to mix it with dry shadow to create your own creme versions. You can also make your own gloss/tinted lip balm by melting your favorite old lipsticks with this into little jars.

9. Almay Nearly Naked Foundation with SPF 15 - I just started experimenting with liquid foundation (I've been using powder forever) and I love this. It's easy to use (hello foundation novice!), easy to blend, and looks really natural. I was a little worried about getting a drugstore foundation where I can't test the color but the 'Buff' color is a perfect match for me (I'm super pale)!

10. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - I. Love. Burt's. Bees. Seriously. I only wish this had SPF. It looks like a sheer lipstick and it's all natural! It's casual enough that you can apply it in mixed company (no sneaking off to the bathroom) but packs a punch of color! My favorite color is Rose and I imagine that it could work for a variety of skin tones.

11. Maybelline Superstay 24 Color - This was a recent purchase and so far I'm liking it! It's in the form of a gloss but acts like a stain. There's also a balm end for conditioning and it comes in tons of colors categorized by red, plum, pink, and nude. But beware, it says it has staying power and it does! Even after washing my face before bed I found that I still had a little on in the morning. A little lotion (my favorite makeup remover) got it right off though.

What are your favorite drugstore beauty buys?

No comments:

Post a Comment