Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain


I was super excited when I heard about this new product from Revlon.  I always wanted to get the Chubby Stick by Clinique or Tarte's LipSurgence but I just couldn't justify the price.  But then Revlon saved the day with their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.  Shaped like Clinique's Chubby Stick, they are like giant lip crayons which make it easy to apply the product.  They have a minty-scent that fades right away.  The two shades I'm reviewing today are Rendezvous and Sweetheart  For the reader's convenience, I have fair skin with pink undertones. 

The Colors:

Rendezvous - orange/coral.  It goes on super orange on me, like I-just-ate-10-orange-popsicles orange.  Then it fades into more of a coral-orange-pink color that I really like.  It's soft and summery.  

Sweetheart - bright pink.  It goes on bright-bright pink and only fades a little.  It's very true to the color you see above.  

They have a bunch of shades that I imagine would work great for all skin tones.  I recently started layering Rendezvous and Sweetheart and really like the resulting color.  It makes the Rendezvous more pinkish which really compliments my skin tone and tones down the brightness of Sweetheart making it more of a daily wearable color that doesn't stick out at work. 

Lasting Color:

Rendezvous - the first couple of times I used it, it would fade in the middle of my lips, leaving me with an awesome '90s-esque lip liner effect.  Except it was bright orange.  This doesn't happen anymore and I have no idea why since I haven't really changed the way I apply it.  Now it just fades into a really pretty coral stain.  

Sweetheart - it goes on bright and glossy and turns into a stain that's basically just as bright as the first application.  Definitely long-lasting with a bright punch of color.  I think it would be great for a night out since you don't have to worry about the color straying outside your lips or fading.  

Price:

This really depends where you get it.  At Target it's about $7 while at Walgreen's it's about $9.  Despite this disparity, it's still way cheaper than any other like-product on the market.  

Verdict: Really excited about this product.  Will be going back for at least another color.  Thinking about "Romantic," a tomato-red.  Basically, go get it now.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment