Friday, October 22, 2010

Resturant Review: Pork Store Cafe

Photo by Toroeater E.
Photo by Dani S.
Photo by Toroeater E.

The best time to go to the Pork Store Cafe is defiantly for brunch. I ventured out to the Mission a Sunday or two ago to the cafe's Valencia location, the original is located in the Haight. The layout of the restaurant was open and bright with artwork and an array of interesting and mismatched overhead lampshade lights. Though it was busy we did not have to wait long to get a table and the service was never lagging.



For  $13 you can have one of Pork Store's inventive and healthy portioned dishes and a mimosa (and no, it's never too early in the morning for a mimosa), which I think is more than worth the money. I myself had the Chorizo Special which consisted of chorizo sausage, mushrooms, onions, fresh salsa, basil & spices with eggs over medium on top. The dish also came with a side of hash browns and two buttermilk biscuits that all but melted in my mouth. I would be lying if I said I stopped eating once I got full, it was too good to resist  finishing! So overall a very good experience, Pork Store knows brunch.

Restaurant                Rating out of 5               Price             Would Try Again?

Pork Store                      4.8                           $$                         Yes!

1 comment:

  1. :D Agreed, the crab scramble was equally as good. I come here specifically for their buttermilk biscuits, so good... *drooling*

    ReplyDelete